Saturday, August 29, 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Earlier this month I had the chance to work on a 9th Birthday Tea Party with my new partner in crime Evelyn and it was sooo much funnn! I'm totally missing all the awesome pictures of the stuff that the mom put together like the cute tea cups and saucers, the hat craft with feathers, the amazing finger foods... because I was so focused on the stuff that I made. LOL 
Now lets check out the cupcakes together. Well more like everything on the outside of the cupcake. I founds  a template online for the wrappers and just used craft paper and some scrapbook scissors to add the cute edges. I then cut ribbon and made the tiny bows and added a rhinestone with hot glue. A little double sided tape and the rest was history. The cupcakes are on a cupcake stand that I own and you can rent if you are in the local area. They are sitting on the cutest paper doilies. Next up, I created a design and printed out some water bottle labels. The labels are Avery and you can go on their website and either use a preexisting pattern or edit your own to get just what you are looking for. The third pic shows how Evelyn set up some of the items on the cutest cart that she got for FREE yes you heard me. She had her husband paint it and it looked amazing. The zippered pouches on the cart were hand sewn at the Hartford Craft Studio over many days and nights...... (next time i'm outsourcing) LOL. I really enjoyed coming up with the design and being able to offer varying zippered pouches to the girls for that sense of individuality. Evelyn loaded the pouches with lip gloss, nail polish, and other girl essentials which made both the girls and their moms very very happy. I am planning on holding a couple mother/daughter private sessions to teach how to make the zippered pouch because it is way to intensive for my group classes and hope you all sign up. 

Overall I really enjoy working on Birthday Parties. And even more I love to see the look on the kids faces when everything comes together.

Can't wait to share my next party items with you. Lets get them booked Evelyn.

~Darley



No comments:

Post a Comment