Thursday, November 5, 2015

What I've Been Up to

Hello there. Can you believe it’s already November?? For those of us in New England this is probably one of the warmest November’s ever. Going outside with just a sweater on is generally unheard-of however this year we have been granted our wish of delaying the cold weather meanwhile having fear in the back of our minds that winter will last long when it does come and be extremely horrible (insert concern face emoji lol).
Since my last blog post I have been very busy working on doll bedding for my Etsy shop as well as some other small projects for Hartford Craft itself which you can see below. I also created some cute and easy Halloween treat bags for some of my sons’ friends and also held a Halloween class where we made cute treat bags out of felt. This was my very first class since the summer and was also my very first class that I had a boy in attendance, and to my surprise he caught on quicker than the girls and did not have the same technical issues the girls generally have where they bring the needle around their entire item instead of going back to front through the space that they are sewing. That being said, I have to retract my comments on how I do not think boys will pay attention in my class, however I do rather enjoy my classes being full of pink and girly stuff.
 My focus for the rest of the year is to schedule a couple more kids’ classes, adult classes, and private mommy and me classes for girls 5 and up along with adding more items to my Etsy store. A couple weeks ago I received an unexpected message from an old co-worker who also follows me on Instagram asking if I could make some doll diapers for her daughter. My answer was yes of course and it was so much fun! I really enjoy making them and am currently working on completing her order as well as some additional orders that I received after sharing the pictures of what I created. I really feel blessed that others like what I create and want me to create items for them and their loved ones. I’m not going give details on how I created items today however if you have a question on one or all of the items please leave a message in the comments. Otherwise please enjoy the photo overload and enjoy your weekend. If you want to see more pics of what I am working on don't forget to follow me on Instagram @Hartfordcraft
Barbie Blanket with 2 Pillows/ Hartfordcraft on Etsy
Barbie Blanket with 2 Pillows/ Hartfordcraft on Etsy

Halloween Kids Class
Halloween Treat Bags/ Made with Ziploc Bag
Cardboard and Scrapbook paper kitchen back splash
Doll Diapers and Wipes/ Hartfordcraft on Etsy


Thanks again for stopping by!

~Darley












No comments:

Post a Comment