Sunday, November 9, 2014

ReOrganized Toddler Closet

Toddler Life....
The thing about having a small child is that they outgrow their clothing so quickly which is how I ended up with the mess that is the left before pic. Due to the "cozy" size of our home, my husband uses the closet in my sons room therefore I purchased this customizable closet/armorie solution from Ikea. It works well for his hanging clothes, blankets, wipes, towels etc. He has a dresser which holds his folded clothing t/shirts, sweatpants, shirts, pajamas, socks, and everything else.

                     Before                                                             After

Now lets talk about what was in there.
1) Receiving Blankets Now that he is 2 we do not need them anymore. I donated some to Goodwill, put some in a bin for a friend who is having a baby in a couple months, and kept a couple
2) Pampers Splashers I used one or two of them but I didn't think they worked as well as Huggies Little Swimmers, so I kept the Huggies and gave the Pampers to Goodwill, not sure if they would be able to resell them but its worth a shot
3) Baby Towels/Washcloths I actually use standard towels and washcloths for my son since they dry him a lot quicker so I threw some away and donated the rest
4) Newborn Hats/Mitts I donated some and put the rest in a bin for my friend
5) Clothes that were too small I kept my favorites, donated some, threw away the ones that were damaged, and put some in the bin for my friend
6) Too small Shoes I donated some and kept a couple

There are definitely more items in there that could find a new home (outside of my house lol) since I do not plan on having more kids. But I think I did some good work thus far. Organizing is a continuous process.

Hope this motivates you to spend a little time Reorganizing. One space at a time of course.

Darley~


No comments:

Post a Comment